There are approximately eight hours of training material that is aimed at introducing non-technical procurement staff to modern quality assurance. The material covers
- The limits and pitfalls of relying on inspection to assure quality
- The basics of statistical process control
- How to know if a supplier can meet your specifications almost all the time
- Getting to parts per million level quality
- Introduction to program such as Six Sigma, Lean and Lean Six Sigme
- Modern tools such as Ishikawa diagrams, Poka Yoke and Process Mapping
This material is incorporated into Next Level Purchasing's online course Improving Quality in the Supply Chain.